Title Operacinės slaugytojų kojų venų išsiplėtimo rizikos bei prevencijos vertinimas
Translation of Title Evaluation of risk and prevention of varicose veins of legs of the operating nurses
Authors Radkevičienė, Irena
Full Text Download
Pages 63
Keywords [eng] the operating nurses ; varicose veins of legs (varicosis) ; risk factors ; prevention
Abstract [eng] The objective of the work. To analyze the risk factors and prevention of varicose veins of legs of the operating nurses. The goals of the work. 1. To determine frequency of varicose veins of legs among operating nurses. 2. To analyze the risk factors of varicose veins of legs of operating nurses. 3. To evaluate preventive measures applied by operating nurses and knowledge about prevention. The methodology of the research. The research was performed in three Lithuanian hospitals. The participants of the research were operating nurses. The method of the research was an anonymous written survey. International standardized VEINES-QOL questionnaire and the questionnaire created by the author of work were used for the survey. In total 155 forms were provided, 130 forms were returned, the response rate was 83.9 percent. “Microsoft Office Excel” and ”SPSS 15” programs were used for the performance of statistical analysis. Results. More than half of operating nurses (66.9 percent) (n=87) specified that they had the problem of varicose veins but they did not exercise any prevention. The prevalence of CVI risk factors is quite high among the operating nurses. Risk factors, which have the biggest influence to it, are standing work and heredity. More than half of operating nurses (57.7 percent) (n=75) experience pain of legs every day or several times a week and the remaining part, amounting to 42.3 percent (n=55) do not suffer any pain in legs or pain repeats less than once a week. 69.2 percent (n=90) of the operating nurses think that prevention measures help to deal with the appearance of CVI and the remaining part (30.8) percent (n=40) do not know or think that prevention measures have an impact to appearance of CVI. Cold water treatments were the prevention measures, which were chosen and used by the operating nurses mostly for reducing of symptoms of venous diseases of legs (76.2 percent) (n=99). Conclusions. 1. According to the research, it was found that more than half of all examined operating nurses had varicosis of veins of legs in all age groups of operating nurses. 2. According to the data of the research, risk factors, that affect the appearance of varicose veins of legs, were standing work and heredity. 3. Most of the operating nurses state that prevention helps to avoid varicose veins of legs and that they know quite a lot about this disease. The operating nurses, which use prevention measures, mostly prefer the cold procedures and a healthy lifestyle.
Dissertation Institution Lietuvos sveikatos mokslų universitetas
Type Master‘s Thesis
Language Lithuanian
Publication date 2016